Friday, May 22, 2009

Not a Magic little box - It's up to YOU

Hello everyone, I had to post a portion of a friends blog that I just read. It hit the Nail on the Head. Decide, Commit, Succed. All of it is important, but ALL of it is up to each individual. I and many others are around to help, and I know I get plenty of support from those around me, But it is up to YOU. I scream that as gentle as possible.
Here is Christina's Quote:
Several people contacted me today about P90X. As I've told you before, this is a regular occurrence (yay!). The one thing that resonated with them was how they seemed to be needing me to talk them into it. This is the thing, this is not a program that you can sell, or talk someone into doing. They have to decide they want to change their life and commit to the program and that has to be done solely by themselves. I can tell them about it, how it's worked for me and so many others but it's not some magic box that shows up at your door. YOU have to put the work and effort into it and if you do, then the results will be inevitable. It's funny, I had on my P90X t-shirt the other day and a lady saw me and was like, "Is that P90X from that infomercial? I just don't have time for something like that! There is no way I could ever do it!" I'm like "hey lady, I'm not trying to sell it to ya!" I think people automatically get defensive about what they do or don't do for their health and fitness... it's like they put time and effort into everything BUT that and they know it. The excuses start rolling out before anyone even says one word. Crazy. I'm sure I was like that at some point but there came a time when the decision was made that it was worth it for me and my family for me to put some effort into getting healthy and fit. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :o)

1 comment:

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Hey it sounds better reading it on someone else's blog! Glad you screamed it to others... very gently! :o)