Monday, May 11, 2009

Getting alot out of Life!

You could call me a guy that is into his "X" workouts. I love all Tony Horton Workouts. Don't get me wrong I am all about mixing it up. I have don some Project You with Kathy Smith (Before the great Type II plan came out), Slim in 6 w/ Debbie Siebers and even found my groove with what I call the "fun" workout , Turbo Jam w/ Chalene Johnson (CJ).

While this others are nothing like the X, I did find that ChaLEAN Extreme with CJ was a awesome change for the 2 1/2 months at the first of the year. It was after doing ChaLEAN Extreme that I got to hear CJ speak in person. What a great person she is, I continue to be amazed by her heart towards the people around her. So although I am set to try some Hip-Hop Abs with some of you (you GO Jenny) when I finish with my Round of P90X + in a few weeks, I wanted to send a encouraging word out to you all to keep pushing play regardless of the workout.

TammyMom, my wife, has been using 10-minute Trainer after the birth of our fourth child and just last week is doing a 90-day Challenge with ChaLEAN Extreme. Enjoy the ride Tammy!

Here are some quotes I found from some Turbo Jammers out there, Keep it up!

Amazing! Jamie of South Carolina:
I've recently started doing Turbo Jam and it kicks my butt! I am completely in love with it. It's all very high energy and while some people may not like Chalene, I LOVE HER! She is very motivational and very energetic. The workouts are very challenging but not so much that you can't do them. I end up sweating like crazy after doing any of them and I have lost about 7lbs in about two weeks. I recommend this series to anyone! There is a girl(sometimes two) showing low-impact moves, so those who can't do high-impact or prefer low impact can do it as well.

Turbo Jam is the Best!
I'm 5' 0" and currently weigh 226 pounds. (I was 235ish when I started working out with Turbo Jam ); I'm 48 years old. I quit smoking about 3 years ago, was still easily winded for a long time when I worked out. It was hard for me to keep up, and hard to get motivated, but I still did the Learn and Burn (Just the Burn part after I learned the moves) until I built up my tolerance and could keep up. Only in the last 2 months have I become really motivated, generally because now I feel better...have more energy. Now I will do the 20 minute workout once or twice a week before work unless I get up at 4:30am (which I try to do at least twice a week) so I can do the Fat Blaster (Love it!!!) When I'm off, I do the cardio, or the Turbo Sculpt. I'm beginning to love the workouts because finally I'm becoming more flexible and I can keep up! I haven't lost much weight yet, only about 7 pounds so far. I live in North Carolina...on a farm...we raise our own meat and vegetables...and I love to eat. I don't particularly care for most of the foods on the meal plan (sorry), and don't really know how to substitute other foods for them. I do eat a lot of vegetables, but we also eat beef, pork, potatoes and most all beans. Anyway, I have also started working on portions, and I'm not eating as much as I used to. Anyway, I'm making changes for the better and just want to let you know I love the Turbo Jam workout best...(and I have MANY workout videos). Thanks

1 comment:

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Great post... I'm gonna pass it along to some friends doing Turbo Jam. I've done it a couple of times just to familiarize myself with it and it's awesome!