Friday, May 15, 2009

Let's Reverse the Trend together

I just sent a message to a friend about being accountable to each other in our fitness and wanted to offer the same message to all (if any) that read this Blog.

I get very excited to talk with people about them making a commitment towards bettering their fitness or what I like to call "Reversing the Trend", for some it is even just further encouragement to Stay the Course in there "reversal". I will just tell you it is a constant process one direction or the other, we make the choice.

Like most rewarding things in life this too takes a commitment, and it is nice to have one another. I hope to help & encourage and be helped and encouraged by as may as possible. I want to support those in there Nutritional goals if I can and also there exercise as well. Currently Tammy and I are exercising between 5:30 to 6:45 in the morning and invite you to join us. Make the time no matter if it is walking, running or stretching.

If you want to join us in the WOWY online “gym”, you could go to My Profile Page or Tammy's (Note Tammy's picture was taken just 39 days after Brady, our fourth child's, birth. We hope to update soon) and then click “Play the Game” link near the top of the page or “Connect ; Work out and Interact” button at the bottom of the page. The sign-up page should then have our name at the top as your coach. You just need an e-mail address and password. Let's Commit together.

Beachbody motto is Decide, Commit, Succeed. I see a lot of Decision, but less Commitments. Yet when there are both it is successful. I know we all can joke around about “Getting Ripped” and seeing the outward change, but honestly I am glad that I am know more durable and my heart & lungs are in so much better shape. Okay it is nice even as a Godly man to feel good about my outward look; I still remember hearing a friend about 3-years ago tell Tammy when we were at the beach, “Jay’s getting a ‘Dad’ body”. What’s up with that? I know her Dad. Aside from that, I have many years ahead of myself in which I plan to “actively” coach my kids sport teams, or at least work with them in sport. The time for me to start doing something was overdue. I hope to be a Partner in this Journey.

2 comments:

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Hey Jay,

Would love to help you stay accountable... and would love for someone else to keep my accountable as well. What's the best way to do this? I've tried WOWY and didn't care for it... kept getting off schedule and forgetting to log out so I stopped doing that. Any other suggestions?

Jay Garbarino said...

Hi Annie WOWY is a good way especially if you work out with a group of people at the same time. I understand the the Login/Logout is something to remember, a habit I guess. Since I run the Workouts through my computer it is not a hassle. As far as the WOWY Calender Schedule, I used the P90X option to automatically schedule the Workouts. This option is only for the Classic version of the Workout and currently I am doing P90X + and often "mix it up", so I do not use the Scheduler. And honestly I am not one that invites many people. As a Team Beachbody Coach I do spend time calling people at nights and on the weekends to "check on their progress and answer any questions, hoping that your Coach does the same.
I am part of the Reverse the Trend "group" as well as a few others. this allows me to see a focused group of people when I Workout in the morning.
So how are things Going?