Saturday, November 8, 2014

Is it worth the effort?

Pomegranates are an intriguing fruit. I probably have only had them six times in my life and yes it was always a struggle. Then I saw this video of a farmer cutting one open
Opening a Pomegranate (1:26 minute Video)

I thought, "I've been doing it all wrong, I'm ready to do this!" So since we had a pomegranate from our CSA box (Community Supported Agriculture), I set out to harvest the pomegranate fruit.

Well, the steps are shown below, it was a lot of work.

Harvesting the seeds
Run seeds through blender and mesh
It is full of vitamins and a whole food. but ...

I wanted to quit many times but I stuck through and I succeeded...I got pomegranate juice (less than a cup). Was it worth it for me? I'd have to say no. Will I do it again? probably not. (Side note: I saw additional methods that "whack" the pomegranate after opening it... yes I was ready to whack it at the end.)

Yet, the whole experience reminded me of how many people who buy a Beachbody fitness program might feel.
 They, for some time have been intrigued with fitness, but have struggled with getting it to work. Then they saw an ad of one of the Beachbody products (P90, P90X, Insanity, T25, PiYo, 21-day Fix or possible Brazil Butt lift.) The add made it look easy. So program was purchased. Unfortunately, many people do not see it through to the end. While I saw the pomegranate through to the end,  it wasn't worth it to me, I am convinced of and found that those like myself that commit to any of the Beachbody programs, all the way to the end, find it a worthwhile investment.

Have and follow a plan

This week our Focus T25 routine had Total Body Circuit ,twice, which is the hardest for me in the Alpha series. I would not have chose to do this routine twice in one week. And that is why I need a program to follow. As tough as I like to think I am, when it is up to me, I (while not always) would choose an easier way. How about you? Do you have a plan, a trainer that pushes you? How do you go beyond what you think you are able?

Here is a video (Happy Healthy Holidays!) about how to make a plan for the Holidays. So are you giving your fitness plan the best you can? Is it working? Give me your testimony, so that I can send it to the many others that would be encouraged with your efforts.

No comments: