Sunday, March 3, 2013

Coach's Corner 3/3/13

Just Checking In

It rained (wet snow) today here in the Northern Sierra Mountains, so I did not have any ski team coaching. Although this is the second year of low snow totals, it has been a good year. I really enjoy it. Since Tammy and I home-educate our children we have had the opportunity to ski as a family usually once a week.

With the bit of "free" time this week-end I wanted to get out an update post. Back in July I hoped to be really good at staying in touch but I have struggled, yet I do my best and forget the rest. I really do enjoy the opportunities I have for mutual support through phone conversations or e-mail. Being a coach has meant so much to me.  Coaching has held me accountable to clean eating and regular workouts and I thank many of you for being there for me.

"Staying with the Fight"

Tammy and I are in the middle of our 60-days of Les Mills COMBAT. It has been different from the other routines we have done and all-in-all we are enjoying it. In April we plan to Start P90X again and incorporate some Insanity. I am interested to see how we do with the workouts and our more plant-based nutrition. If you want to join with us in the challenge,  March has a good deal on P90X and P90X2. See below.

Tammy getting "modernized"

While I am your "coach", Tammy and I are a team. She has been great with all of the nutrition (meal planning and prep) and balancing this all with raising a family. My hope is that you can take advantage of what she has to offer as a fit-woman, wife and mother of young children. She is on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tammy.garbarino  and does many great food/nutrition postings on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/tgarbarino/) and instagram (http://instagram.com/tgarb6) . Lastly, you can see our home-education postings at http://garbarinofamily.blogspot.com/.

Food for thought

I have been enjoying many of the articles recently  highlighted at the Teambeachbody.com site.
I always appreciate Steve Edwards, especially his words here, 5 Reasons You Could Be Gaining Weight. when he states “So the moral of today's lesson is to trust your exercise program…”
Two other I enjoyed posts : The 8-Week Transition Diet & Why You Should Wear a Heart Rate Monitor

Cranking out some Pasta

Everyone likes a Deal

For the month of March the P90X Challenge Pack and the P90X2 Challenge Pack
are reduced from $205 to $180.  What a great deal to get both a great workout and Shakeology.


Also, for anyone that has been thinking about the Ultimate Reset, in the month of March, Beachbody is offering reduced pricing.

Connect for mutual support

If you would like to connect through Facebook I can be found at https://www.facebook.com/jaybbcoach


No comments: